Physiotherapy is proven to have several benefits, so it is an essential component of holistic medical treatment. These benefits may include:
- Improved strength and range of motion
- Corrected postural and muscular imbalance
- Joint mobilisation and manipulation
- Reduced stiffness and alleviation pain.
- Physiotherapy is mostly used to rehabilitate an injury or part of the body affected by age or degeneration, but it is also an effective way for active people (such as young people and athletes) to strengthen and optimise their bodies.
The doctors at Alkimos Beach Medical Centre in Perth specialise in physiotherapy for sports and work injuries, as well as specific care for geriatrics and paediatrics. Whether your goal is rehab and recovery, or body optimisation and strengthening, your doctor will provide you with short-term and long-term care needed to reach the best outcome possible.
We use the most up-to-date and proven physiotherapy techniques, including mobilisation exercises, manipulation, massage and other hands-on treatments.
Do I Need Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is often used to help ease chronic conditions and can be included as part of a Management Plan for your treatment. Physiotherapy also treats the following problems:
- work and/or sports related injuries
- sprains and strains
- reduced mobility and discomfort
- posture problems and back injuries
- arthritis and incontinence
If you are experiencing pain, discomfort or any of the above, please contact Alkimos Beach Medical Centre immediately on (08) 6365 3211 – so that one of our doctors can help you. Physiotherapy is often a suitable alternative to surgery, so it’s important to consult a doctor early, even if you’re worried about the outcome.